Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE in /home/admin/web/wellbeeing.org/public_html/index.php(26) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 22
Help the Bees - WellBeeing.org : WellBeeing.org

Wellbeeing

The bee's WellBeeing, is our WellBeeing!

    Adopt a bee (colony)

    Help the Bees

    There are many things you can do for the bees as an individual, organisation, company, school or group of people.
    We’ve made a list of different things that can be done for the bees

    ADOPT A BEE(COLONY)
    U can help us help the bees!

    PLANT FLOWERS
    The 3 most important things you can do for the bees is sow flowers, offer plants and plant trees that are god for the bees.
    The case is that bees need a divers and continuous pollen offer. In early spring, late autumn and mainly in the period between half of July and the beginning of September there is to little healthy pollen and nectar available for the bees. We should be able to improve this situation together. If you see us at a festival or event we often give away seeds, so come and find us. Or go out and buy ORGANIC flower bulbs, seeds, plants and trees. To make a thought trough decision on what you want to plant for the bees and how much they help the bees you can check: www.drachtplanten.nl or other sites that list these plants like http://www.buzzaboutbees.net/bee-plants.html

    BAN PESTICIDES – EAT ORGANIC
    Eat organic fruits and vegetables so that the bees who pollinated these crops where not exposed to industrial pesticides that are widely used in the non-organic food production.
    Avoid pesticides in your own garden as well, the biggest users of harmful pesticides are still individuals! Ant boxes also spread harmful  elements for bees that resolve in water and thus spread even further.
    There are alternatives to fighting pests with pesticides, like planting certain flowers that attract insects that eat the pests that are bothering your plants. Perma-culture is an approach we recommend and can certainly help you with this.
    There are also a few online petitions you can sign that try to influence the decision makers like:
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/save_the_bees_global/
    https://secured.greenpeace.nl/reddebijen/
    Of course you can always contact your (local) representatives and try to influence them directly

    BECOME A NATURAL BEEKEEPER
    Contribute to a more vital bee population in the future by keeping bees in a natural way.
    We organise courses that teach how to become a natural beekeeper.

    MAKE A BEE HOTEL
    Solitairy bees do not live in a beehive but in cavities in beaches, reed, wood, walls, in the ground, …
    You can make a bee hotel for these bees so that they have more nesting spaces, because mainly in the cities where we find a lot of modern architecture and renovated buildings they are in need of more nesting spaces.
    Mind that a bee hotel is only suited for about 30% of the different solitary bee species, the other 70%mainly live in the ground.

    HONEY / ALTERNATIVES
    When you eat honey, eat organic honey (in this case the bees can partially survive the winter on their own honey and they live in natural environments) or even better, honey that comes from a biodynamic beekeeper so that it is not at the cost of the bees and only the excess of honey has been skimmed. Eat your honey raw/cold so the healthy proporties of the honey are kept.
    Honey has medicinal proporties , so you could also consider only using honey for these purposes, like for healing wounds or infections and switch to agave sirup of ahorn sirup as a sweetener.