The WellBeeing foundation aims at making a contribution towards a better well-being for bees by keeping them in a natural way.
This means that:
- The bees are free to have a natural comb build in stead of the wax foundations
- The bees’ winter honey supply is not robbed and replaced by sugar-water
- The drones of the colony are not eliminated
- No queen extruders are used and queens are not cut
- The bees are free to give birth naturally or in other words: to swarm
- The bees will not be treated with chemical products or acids
- We work with natural hives, using only natural materials
We have or maintain different natural beehives on different locations in the city of Amsterdam.
They are placed on rooftops, city parks and inner gardens.
Make sure you realize that natural beekeeping is focused on the wellbeing of bees in stead of the honey production. Only the excess honey is harvested and that amounts depends on availability of nectar-giving plants, weather and other local conditions. This might mean that sustainable beekeeping is not a profitable activity in our regions, but should be seen as an investment in more vital bees and a better future for bees.