The WellBeeing foundation aims at making a contribution towards a better well-being for bees by keeping them in a natural way.
This means that:
- The bees are free to have a natural comb build in stead of the wax foundations
- The bees’ winter honey supply is not robbed and replaced by sugar-water
- The drones of the colony are not eliminated
- No queen extruders are used and queens are not cut
- The bees are free to give birth naturally or in other words: to swarm
- The bees will not be treated with chemical products or acids
- We work with natural hives, using only natural materials
We have or maintain different natural beehives on different locations in the city of Amsterdam.
They are placed on rooftops, city parks and inner gardens.
Keeping bees for the bees in stead of the honey production only gives you a small amount of honey, making beekeeping in a sustainable way not profitable but an investment in a better future for bees.
Therefor we are looking for sponsors for some of the hives we have or for organizations/companies that are interested in having natural beehives on their location and can finance the material and maintenance of the hive.
Does this sound like something you, your organization/company or someone you know might be interested in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org